Privacy Statement for Conducting Research
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. We take great care to ensure your privacy and to make sure that the information we collect for the purpose of this particular survey is safeguarded.
Every market research survey we conduct with you can only proceed with your explicit consent and is completely voluntary. We will never mislead you about the nature of the research, how we use your data, or how findings are to be used.
We are committed to abide by the following laws and codes of conduct:
- Market Research Society Codes of Conduct
- General Data Protection Legislation (GDPR)
- Impact’s company handbook
- BHBIA Guidelines
As a research agency, we contact members of the public and other stakeholders to invite them to take part in research activities on behalf of a client that has commissioned us. We may from time to time conduct our own research.
There is a certain amount of information we would like to collect in order to fulfil our research objectives, however, we will only collect what is necessary for the purposes of the specific study you have been asked to take part in, and will not use this information for any purposes other than those specific to this particular survey. We will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our standard procedures and legal requirements.
The survey you are participating in is being overseen by Impact Health Research Ltd. on behalf of our client. You have a right to know the identity of our client, and this will be revealed to you at an appropriate time in the survey.
Should you have any questions relating to this survey or how we handle your data please contact us. You can also contact us should you, at any time, wish to withdraw your consent. Finally, if you believe that you have been contacted in error, do not believe you have given your permission, or simply wish your name to be removed from our database please do get in touch. Contact details are provided at the end of this document.
The information we collect
The information we collect and store may include:
- Your personal opinions (relating to attitudes, experiences and use of certain products or services)
- Personal information such as name, address, postcode, gender, occupation, age, date of birth, email address, telephone number etc.
- If relevant we may collect business contact information, such as, company name, job title, and department.
- For online surveys we will record your IP address, and other basic metrics
- Sometimes we might require sensitive personal information including information about your race, health, disability
Any information you provide will only be stored and used with your explicit consent.
How we use your information
- The information you share with us will be used solely for the purpose of this particular research survey.
- Data will only be analysed at a combined group level (combined with the data from other respondents who participated in the same research) to safeguard your anonymity.
- Your responses will not be attributable to you, and treated as confidential unless you provide us with consent to being identified
- To notify you if you win one of our prize draws or to enable us to issue prizes, incentive payments or rewards to you (if applicable)
- Occasionally we may wish to contact you to validate responses, however we will only do this with your consent and this will be sought at the end of the survey, if applicable.
How we protect your information
We place great importance in keeping all data (especially personal data) safe and secure – both when storing and transferring data. Well-developed processes and procedures are in place to safeguard it from unauthorised access, use or disclosure: Details of key processes are available on request.
Whilst we do everything, we can to protect your information however, we cannot guarantee its security, and any information you provide to us is done so at your own risk.
How long we keep your information
We will only keep a record of your information for as long as is necessary for the purposes of this research. Any personally identifiable information we receive will be kept for no longer than 12 weeks from the completion of the research project and Non identifiable information you give will be kept for no longer than 5 years.
Who we share the information with
In the process of conducting Market Research, we may work with one or more of our trusted suppliers to help us perform certain key functions on our behalf (essential to the running of the survey). As such, they may require access to the personal information in order to perform their contractual obligation to us, but will not use it for other purposes. We have Service Level Agreements with our suppliers to ensure that they process any personal information according to the strict guidelines we adhere to as outlined in this policy, and we retain full responsibility for how your personal information may be used by our suppliers.
In agreeing to participate in our research, you permit us to store and process your personally identifiable data within the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes mentioned above. As always, we will endeavour to ensure that your personal information is kept confidential and secure.
You have a number of rights relating to the personal information you provide to us. These include:
- Your right to request that we confirm what personal information we may hold about you if any, and for what purposes we may use your data
- Your right to withdraw (at any time and without prejudice) your consent which you have provided to us in relation to processing your personal information
- Your right to request us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information which we may hold about you
- Your right to request that we permanently erase all personal information we hold on you, and to confirm that this has been done (there are some circumstances where we may not be able to action this).
Should you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact us – details below.
If you wish to contact us regarding anything covered by this document, you may do so using our details below:
By email: email@example.com
In writing: Impact Health Research Ltd, 3 The Quintet, Churchfield Road, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 2TZ
By phone: Office: +44 (0)1932 226793
If you have concerns about how we handle your personal data, or are not satisfied with our responses to your concerns or requests relating to your personal data, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via the following options:
Telephone 0303 123 1113.
This policy may be changed from time to time to reflect changes in research activities or for other purposes. Please check this policy each time you participate in one of our surveys to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Last updated 13 January 2020.